The Buried Projects (2009-2011)
➵ Switching on…
“The last years, tired of the same pictures month after month in the magazine I worked in, I decided to start a couple of projects that could express more of the world I had in mind, so I arranged to shoot a few friends to show my personal way to see life, The nordic mithology, shot at the beginning with old friends, start to grow like a big family via facebook and common friends, and then, the project transforms itself into a huge one: “Goðafræði”. From this relationships more projects started to grow on my mind. Jose and Ignacio gave me the opportunity to do another one about japanese leyends and my instant complicity with Iker, gave me the chance for another three more personal projects: “Ikerography”, “Moods” and “True Rugby”. In between the “Ikerography” project, I met Philippe and we agree to do another project in Japan last spring.
About the little ones (not in importance but in number of photographs) Madelene, Paskal, Angelos, Fabrice and Matias were so generous to share and help me with the ideas we had and went straight to made it real.
But these years I wasn´t ready about what fate had in mind for me, to be honest, not hard to avoid also, and to make the story short, sad and caotic months just blocked me once and once again. Right now, time still healing me, some frienships are damaged, but my intention is to finish all of the projects (of course… exhibitions and printing are on my mind also!)
But, above all, I must made it very clear that none of these pictures and ideas wouldn´t have been possible without all of my friends at that time, and were done in a kind of trust that I will never forget. All of them, without a single exception, trusted me and I´m so grateful for that. So I´m really happy that, whatever the result will be, friendship was the nature of the whole thing.”
Thanks so much.
- “Goðafræði´s” written by Paul van Scherpenzeel, music by Ignacio OsoProject, & Rafa Spunky arranged by Nacho Canut. (Madrid, Norway, Iceland)
- “Healing” with Margaret S Rydin (Tromsø, Norway)
- “日本の神話” written by José Estevez, music by Ignacio OsoProyect (Madrid, Japan)
- “Ikerography”, “Moods” and “True Rugby” with Iker Ortiz de Arri (Brussels, Budapest, New York)
- “目ざめ” (Awakening) with Philippe Servais (Tokyo)
- “Sex” with Matias Uris (Madrid)
- “Butterfly on the Wheel” with Paskal Waegeneire-Klapsinakis (Brussels, Budapest, Hiroshima)
- “A & F” with Fabrice Stassin and Angelos Mikelatos (Brussels, Las Vegas, London)
© photos by Eduardo P.V.Rubaudonadeu (2009/2011)
*text revised in March 2011